CURBSIDE PICK-UP AND RECYCLING
Cooper Charter Township has a spring & fall curbside pick-up. Dates will be posted on our Township Event Calendar. Pickup should be completed in one week. Any item not picked up must be removed and stored out of sight by the Monday following pick up week.
Unwanted objects may be placed at the curb. The following are a few very simple rules:
- Objects must be bagged or in containers that will not be affected by water or fall apart when handled.
- Nothing heavier than what two men can lift will be accepted.
- No garbage, rocks, sand, concrete, building materials, or toxic wastes.
- A limit of 12 containers or bundles will be allowed and must be at curbside between Sat. and Sun. evening preceding pickup week.
- Absolutely NO BLACK GARBAGE BAGS. Anything in a black garbage bag WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- 2017 Republic Clean-Up Guidelines
Any item not picked up must be removed and stored out of sight by Monday following pickup week. Violators will be prosecuted. Containers will not be returned.
NO GRASS, LEAVES, BRUSH OR BRANCHES!
The Township has contracted with Republic Services to provide every other week single stream curbside recycling. 96 gallon carts will be distributed. If you have questions please call 1-877-698-7274. Click to Download a Printable Version of the 2017 Recycling / Clean-Up Schedule.
- Tuesday Service Area – All homes on the north side of D Ave to Baseline. Both sides of D Ave from Westnedge to Sprinkle. Riverview north of E Ave. Also all homes off of Springbrook and E Ave east of Riverview.
- Wednesday Service Area – All homes on E Ave and Springbrook west of Riverview. All homes on Riverview south of E Ave on both sides. All remaining homes between 24th and the Kalamazoo River north of G Ave.
- Thursday Service Area – All homes on the south side of D from 12th to Westnedge. All remaining homes between 12th St. to both sides of Westnedge.
Drop Off Location: 1590 West D Ave., Old Recycling Center
Styrofoam must be clean
Drop Off Dates: will be as follows:
- Jan 6, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mar 24, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Jun 23, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sept 22, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Grass, Leaves and Brush Disposal
State law bans yard waste from being placed in landfills.
Private Pickup: Waste haulers offer weekly pickup of yard waste:
- Best Way Disposal – 388-3300
- BFI Waste Service
Drop Off Sites: Best Way Waste & Recycling Transfer Station – 388-3346 – off Miller Road.
Household Hazardous Waste Program
Please contact Kalamazoo County Program at 269-373-5211 for information about materials accepted and hours.
HHW Reporter Newsletter –
1st QTR 2017
Please contact the Township office at 269-382-0223 with any recycling questions.