Important Rules to Remember on Maintenance of Cemetery and Graves
- No grading, leveling, or excavating shall be allowed without permission of the Township Board or the Township Clerk. No edging, stones, coping, fence, railing or hedge to define lot or grave space shall be permitted. No structures shall be permitted. No glass items shall be permitted.
- No shrubs, bushes or trees of any type shall be planted. These items will be removed.
- Only Township Employees are authorized to plant and mow grass in the Cemeteries.
- The Cemeteries are open to the general public from Sunrise to Sunset each day.
- No domestic dogs, cats, or other animals allowed in the Cemeteries.
Please do not leave valuables on graves. The Township cannot be responsible for items missing or stolen.
Cooper Charter Township Cemetery Ordinance in Section 63 of the General Ordinance.